Kanoo inks DP World supply contract
Dubai, April 23, 2013
Kanoo Machinery, a leading construction and materials handling company in the region, said it has secured an exclusive long-term supply deal from Dubai-based global marine operator DP World.
This strengthens business optimism and the growing alliance between two of the region’s leading companies, remarked Mishal Kanoo, the deputy chairman of The Kanoo Group after signing the agreement with Esam Khoori, the director-procurement of DP World at The Kanoo Group main office in Bur Dubai.
As per the deal, Kanoo will deliver DP World an exclusive bulk supply of Hyster lift truck spare parts apart from their future expansion capabilities to offer other franchises like Perkins and Tennant as a sole distributor in the Middle East.
Nabil Qayed (technical director), Jamal Ahmed Al Kindi (manager-Materials Management) and other procurement officials of DP World attended the event, in the presence of senior management members of The Kanoo Group and Kanoo Machinery.
Esam Khoori said the strategic partnership was a great advantage with mutual benefits, which brings the right results from the right people and that this venture is something relatively new for DP World.
Jamal Ahmed Al Kindi lauded Kanoo Machinery "for their initiative, walking the extra mile with DP World in bringing this business relationship from customers’ to partners’ level."
"This consignment of spare parts wouldn’t come to reality if not for their efforts and also in believing in DP World as a successful international company representing Dubai and the UAE," he noted.
Shakil Merchant, the divisional sales manager-UAE of Kanoo Machinery said, “We had been looking forward to this day and we have been working hard for a long time to achieve this. At last this deal has come true and is a good association of the business with the consignment stock keeping in DP World.”
Praveen Hubli, the aftermarket sales manager-UAE of Kanoo Machinery said, "Tthe consignment stock concept discussed with DP World was very much appreciated and welcomed. DP World does not have to keep any inventory of spare parts for machines, as this will be done by Kanoo Machinery premises and the parts required will be available 24/7, so efficiency and delivery time are greatly reduced, thus giving immense benefit to both parties."
This undertaking is another mark of long-term business commitments that The Kanoo Group shares with DP World, said a statement from the company.
The recent Top Vendor Award for year 2012 given by DP World to The Kanoo Group on behalf of Kanoo Machinery is a constant reminder of its dedication, which brings business opportunities up to the next level, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo