Dubal set for top aluminium expo
Dubai, April 21, 2013
Dubai Aluminium (Dubal), one of the largest single-site smelters in the world using pre-bake anode technology, is set to showcase its innovative technologies at the upcoming Aluminium Middle East 2013.
A leading exhibition for aluminium products, technologies and investments in the region, Aluminium Middle East will run from April 23 to 25 at Dubai World Trade Centre.
With a record output of 1,025,266 tonnes of hot metal in 2012, leading to higher-than-ever production records of cast products (1,053,811 tonnes) and sales volumes (1,052,419 tonnes), Dubal is today the largest primary aluminium producer in the Middle East, said the company in a statement.
Furthermore, as a joint venture partner with Mubadala Development Corporation in Emirates Aluminium (Emal) – the UAE’s second smelter development, where Emal Phase I has operated at full capacity since the end of 2010 – the total volume of metal actually marketed by Dubal in 2012 exceeded 1,839,000 tonnes, the statement added.
Dubal said it was now widely recognized as a developer of superior reduction cell technologies.
"Dubal DX Technology, developed in 2005, is operational in a dedicated 40-cell potline at its Jebel Ali site and in the 756-cells of Emal Phase I," it stated.
"The new generation Dubal DX+ Technology, tested extensively in the 5-cell pilot line at Jebel Ali, has been licensed for the 444-cell Emal Phase II (currently under construction); and has been selected by Aluminium Bahrain for its Line 6 Bankable Feasibility Study," the statement said.
"Moreover, having been a substantial contributor to the national and regional economy over the past 33 years, Dubal is widely acknowledged as the industrial flagship of the UAE, " it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift