Ducab showcases copper technology at Wetex
Dubai, April 16, 2013
Ducab, a leading manufacturer of high-quality power cables, is showcasing its latest technologies in copper cable manufacturing at an ongoing energy and technology conference in Dubai.
The 15th Water, Energy, Technology and Environment Exhibition (Wetex) 2013, being held at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre under the slogan “Sustainable Development for All”, will end tomorrow (April 17).
The exhibition showcases solutions, technologies and strategies that aim to shed light on the latest energy policies of different types, from conventional to renewable energy, oil and gas, coal and nuclear energy.
It also presents sustainable development solutions and technologies related to water, electricity, environment, green and sustainable buildings, among others.
Dr Ahmad AlShaikh, chairman, Ducab, underlined the importance of the current edition of Wetex, coming as it does right after the official launch of ‘Shams 1’; the world’s largest concentrated solar power plant in Abu Dhabi, with a capacity of 100 MW of clean electric power.
AlShaikh expressed Ducab's pride in being one of the main sponsors of Wetex 2013, and particularly its platinum sponsor status.
He added that this confirms Ducab’s commitment to its deep and long-standing partnership Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (Dewa), organiser of the event.
“Through its participation in Wetex 2013, Ducab aims at highlighting its new range of electric cables of all kinds, especially the flexible cables, designed for internal wiring applications which bear high pressure, along with a range of fire-resistant Flambicc cables, ideal for residential and industrial use where safety is a primary concern, in addition to a range of control and instrumentation cables which are used in control circuits, as Ducab's cables are widely used in the oil and gas and petrochemicals sectors,” AlShaikh said.
Andrew Shaw, managing director of Ducab, said, “Wetex 2013 is a global platform for the exchange of views and experiences, and it is one of the most important trade exhibitions hosted annually by the UAE, attracting participants and visitors from all over the world.”
He said that the activities of this edition enhance the UAE's chances of hosting the Expo 2020. Ducab is proud of being part of this important event and is keen to exchange ideas and experiences in the field of energy, and learn about the latest technologies available in the global market related to water, energy and environment. Other vital areas that constitute the most important systems in sustainable development are also of great interest to Ducab.
Shaw added: “By participating in this event, Ducab aims at educating others about its experiences in the field of sustainability and environmental conservation and protection. The company is committed to sustainability programs at all work stages in its factories and offices. The company's strategy puts the issue of sustainable development at the top of its priorities.”
Ducab is a member of the Emirates Environmental Group (EEG) and the Emirates Green Building Council (EGBC), and is a founding member of the Dubai Quality Group (DQG). – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo