Asry wins new business at Singapore event
Manama, April 14, 2013
Bahrain-based Arab Shipbuilding and Repair Yard (Asry) has won a string of new business leads from the Singapore shipping market, a report said.
Asry showcased its diversified line-up at one of Asia's leading shipping and marine trade fairs, Sea Asia, according to a report in the Gulf Daily News.
Sea Asia, now in its sixth year, has proved a successful platform for Asry. As many as 385 companies exhibited at the show, a 16 per cent growth over the previous event.
The three-day show, from April 9-11, saw attendance from 14,000 visitors including shipping industry executives.
Asry is expecting an increase in orders from the South East Asian region as a series of high-level meetings with current and potential ship owners and operators yielded a string of new business leads.
The Singapore market is a strategically important one with many of its ships passing through the Arabian Gulf.
Last year, Asry repaired 12 ships from Singapore from seven different owners. The current year looks set to equal that number and with the optimism of the recent push in the area expected to result in an increase in orders.
The next presence for Asry will be in Oslo, Norway at Nor-Shipping. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Firm plans to bring super jumbo jet to Bahrain
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai