Dubal implements new logistics solution
Dubai, April 8, 2013
Dubai Aluminium (Dubal) has implemented a SAP-based Inbound Logistic solution that has been integrated electronically with key freight forwarders.
This will enable the automation of inbound shipment tracking, expediting and costing at Dubal – which in turn will enhance transparency, control and efficiency throughout the process, said a statement.
“The primary objective of the Inbound Logistics Implementation Project, which began in 2012, is to automate all the processes between placing a purchasing order to receiving the goods in the Dubal warehouse,” said Ahmad M Almulla, vice president, IT.
“The net result is access to real time status for all Dubal’s inbound shipments, enabling efficient and accurate tracking. This will help Dubal to maintain optimal inventory levels and eventually will result in cost-savings. It will also contribute to faster turnaround times for the entire procurement and logistics cycle, leading to higher ROI; and will improve the reliability of the data and quality of reporting and analysis.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair