Suez Canal revenue drops 7.4pc in Feb
Cairo, March 29, 2013
Revenue from Egypt's Suez Canal fell to $375.3 million in February, down 7.4 per cent on the previous month and down 1.6 percent compared to a year earlier, the state information portal said late on Thursday.
Revenue in January was $405.1 million. In February 2012 it was $381.4 million.
The waterway is one of the main sources of foreign currency for an Egyptian economy struggling to head off a currency crisis, alongside tourism, oil and gas exports and remittances from Egyptians living abroad.-Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans