David Kerr, Etihad Airways vice president Cargo
and John Batten
Etihad Cargo, Swissport in global partnership
Abu Dhabi, March 28, 2013
Etihad Cargo, the cargo division of UAE national carrier Etihad Airways, has certified international ground handling services company Swissport International as its first Preferred Handling Partner (PHP).
Only companies who meet the high service performance standards of Etihad Cargo and can assure consistency in quality across their regional operations can be certified a PHP, a statement said.
Etihad Cargo has specific performance benchmarks in the areas of safety, security management, regulatory compliance, training, IT interfaces, business planning and risk management.
The two-year PHP certification with Swissport is focused initially on six Etihad Cargo stations; Athens, Geneva, Larnaca, Nairobi, Seoul and Toronto.
Etihad Cargo hopes to expand cargo operations with Swissport at other destinations over time, in addition to enhancing cargo handling at more than 100 off-line Swissport destinations which Etihad Cargo offers in conjunction with partners.
Kevin Knight, chief strategy and planning officer at Etihad Airways, said: “Swissport is world-renowned and has an enviable track record in providing high-quality and efficient ground services to cargo operators.”
“Following an extensive audit of their corporate procedures and compliance with Etihad Cargo’s expectations, we believe this PHP certification not only makes sound business sense, but the synergies derived from the deal also raise the bar for other suppliers to join our Etihad Cargo PHP program.
“The Etihad Cargo-Swissport PHP deal will standardise the product and service we jointly deliver, strengthen our network operations, and enhance the reliability and quality of ground handling services to our customers. We look forward to developing this partnership into one of mutual confidence and trust, and maximising the returns on our commercial operations,” he added.
John Batten, executive vice president Cargo Services at Swissport International said: “We are proud Etihad Cargo has chosen us as their first ever Preferred Handling Partner and we look forward to close cooperation as we provide the highest quality services and processes to further develop and expand our partnership into the future.”
Swissport International and Etihad Cargo are both members of the International Air Transport Association’s Cargo 2000 (C2K) industry group. The group’s mission is to create and implement a C2K quality standard and management system by bringing about greater efficiencies, improving customer service and reducing costs in the worldwide air cargo industry. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit