DP World net profit surges 21pc to $555m
Dubai, March 20, 2013
Dubai-owned port operator DP World on Wednesday reported a 21 percent rise in 2012 profit, boosted by monetisation of non-core assets and growth in emerging market operations.
The world's third-largest port operator reported a profit of $555 million in 2012, compared with $459 million in 2011, it said in a statement on Nasdaq Dubai bourse. Revenue for the year rose 5 percent to $3.12 billion from $2.98 billion in the prior year, the company said.
The port operator, one of the most profitable units of debt-laden Dubai World, has been selling assets globally, exiting markets where it does not have a significant presence and seeking to redeploy funds in fast-growing markets.
The company realised $249 million profit from asset disposals in 2012, helping boost profitability.
DP World set a dividend of 24 cents per share for 2012, unchanged from the prior year.-Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Dubai unveils big fashion industry plans
- Abraaj acquires top African frozen dairy business
- IAA re-boots for 75th anniversary
- Bahrain port welcomes largest container vessel
- Dubai gold refiner wins ISO certification
- DP World extends maturity date on $1bn loan
- HK apparel group inks tenancy deal with BIO
- DHL wins ‘best employer' award
- Drydocks to host top shipping forum in Dubai
- DHL holds family fun day