Alba names new recruitment manager
Manama, March 19, 2013
Alba, one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, has announced the appointment of Rawdha Salman Alaradi as the company’s new manager for Training & Recruitment.
Alaradi, a Bahraini national, had joined Alba in 2008 as human resources co-ordinator and was later promoted as the head of Recruitment & Organisational Development.
Since November 2012, she has been serving as the manager for Training and Recruitment in an acting capacity.
Alaradi completed her M.Phil in Industrial Organisational Behaviour from the University of East Anglia, United Kingdom.
She also received an M.Sc in the same topic from the Arabian Gulf University and a BSc in Chemistry from the University of Bahrain. She has also been an active volunteer with inJAz Bahrain.
Commenting on the promotion, Alba’s chief executive Tim Murray said, "As a company that takes immense pride in its commitment to gender equality and Bahrainisation, Rawdha’s promotion is an important achievement for Bahraini women in the industrial sector, and as such, marks a significant milestone in the company’s history."
"We are confident that as the new Manager for Training and Recruitment, Rawdha will raise the department’s profile with the same level of dedication shown in all of her previous responsibilities," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures