Alba names new recruitment manager
Manama, March 19, 2013
Alba, one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, has announced the appointment of Rawdha Salman Alaradi as the company’s new manager for Training & Recruitment.
Alaradi, a Bahraini national, had joined Alba in 2008 as human resources co-ordinator and was later promoted as the head of Recruitment & Organisational Development.
Since November 2012, she has been serving as the manager for Training and Recruitment in an acting capacity.
Alaradi completed her M.Phil in Industrial Organisational Behaviour from the University of East Anglia, United Kingdom.
She also received an M.Sc in the same topic from the Arabian Gulf University and a BSc in Chemistry from the University of Bahrain. She has also been an active volunteer with inJAz Bahrain.
Commenting on the promotion, Alba’s chief executive Tim Murray said, "As a company that takes immense pride in its commitment to gender equality and Bahrainisation, Rawdha’s promotion is an important achievement for Bahraini women in the industrial sector, and as such, marks a significant milestone in the company’s history."
"We are confident that as the new Manager for Training and Recruitment, Rawdha will raise the department’s profile with the same level of dedication shown in all of her previous responsibilities," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Yokogawa wins big order for Saudi desal plant
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport