DMC signs yacht manufacturing lease deal
Dubai, March 13, 2013
Dubai Maritime City (DMC), a hitech facility providing maritime services, has signed a yacht manufacturing workshop lease agreement with Vitmar Yachts, a custom-made luxury motor yachts manufacturer, for property within its’ Marine District.
"We are delighted to have reached this agreement with Vitmar as this would provide an impetus to our focus on catapulting the region on to the global yacht building map," said Drydocks World chairman Khamis Juma Buamim after signing the deal with Vitmar president Sheikh Tariq Al Khalifa.
The region can be a cost effective alternative to the European locations as we have the skill and the technical capability to build super-yachts, which can compete with the best in the world,” noted Buamim.
Vitmar Yachts is a new brand founded by Sheikh Tariq and Antonio Amatuzzo, who is the company CEO, with the co-operation of well-known Italian designers and craft makers.
As per the deal, the yachts will be assembled at their workshop in Dubai Maritime City. Vitmar will produce yachts ranging from 35 to 72 meters in length, said Buamim.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- 14pc UAE GDP 'comes from logistics'
- Maersk plans to double freight charges
- GB Auto boosted by record sales revenues
- Dutch shipyard to build 14 terminal tugs for KOC
- Drydocks chairman gets top honour
- Alba sponsors CRU aluminium summit
- General Lighting plans Saudi share sale
- Kizad eyes UK investment at aluminium show
- Grace plans $200m UAE fluid cracker JV plant
- Globe Express bolsters Kuwait services