DMC signs yacht manufacturing lease deal
Dubai, March 13, 2013
Dubai Maritime City (DMC), a hitech facility providing maritime services, has signed a yacht manufacturing workshop lease agreement with Vitmar Yachts, a custom-made luxury motor yachts manufacturer, for property within its’ Marine District.
"We are delighted to have reached this agreement with Vitmar as this would provide an impetus to our focus on catapulting the region on to the global yacht building map," said Drydocks World chairman Khamis Juma Buamim after signing the deal with Vitmar president Sheikh Tariq Al Khalifa.
The region can be a cost effective alternative to the European locations as we have the skill and the technical capability to build super-yachts, which can compete with the best in the world,” noted Buamim.
Vitmar Yachts is a new brand founded by Sheikh Tariq and Antonio Amatuzzo, who is the company CEO, with the co-operation of well-known Italian designers and craft makers.
As per the deal, the yachts will be assembled at their workshop in Dubai Maritime City. Vitmar will produce yachts ranging from 35 to 72 meters in length, said Buamim.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Takamul, Air Products to launch gases JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft