Alba expansion projects showcased at US expos
Manama, March 12, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba)’s participation in two of North America’s leading trade fairs for the metals industry highlights the company’s commitment to raise its profile globally, to establish firmer links with industry peers, to share its experiences, and to learn of new trends, developments and innovations, said a senior official.
A high-level team from Alba led by the chief operations officer Isa Al Ansari attended the two conferences that took place in San Antonio, Texas.
The first conference was the 12th Annual Petcoke Conference that was organised under the theme "Stepping out of the Shadows".
At the Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS) 2013 annual meeting and exhibition that was held from March 3 to 7, Al Ansari presented a paper titled, "Production Growth and Future Challenges in Alba" along with senior manager for process control and development Avinash C Mittal and manager of Reduction Lines 1 to 3 Abdulla Habib.
The paper highlighted some of the milestone expansion projects in Alba's 40-year history, discussed production growth and capacity increase, focused on some of the major modifications and performance enhancement initiatives taken at the plant, and lastly, looked at some of the challenges facing the company in the immediate future.
"Alba is poised for further growth and measures have already been put into place to exponentially increase its capacity and set the company on the road towards increased profitability," said Al Ansari.
"The paper presentation provided an insight into Alba's experiences in meeting this goal and also highlighted the challenges the company will face in the future," stated the top official.
Commenting on Alba’s presence at the US events, Al Ansari said, "Participation in such international events provides Alba with the opportunity to share and learn from others and also contribute to the knowledge curve."
Each year the TMS Conference brings together materials and engineering professionals from more than 100 countries to network, presents research papers, shares industrial applications and introduce innovation.
The 12th Annual Petcoke Conference was organised by Jacobs Consultancy's Carbon Group.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV