Dubal buys stake in in China firm
Dubai, March 10, 2013
Dubai Aluminium Company (Dubal) has bought a 20 per cent stake in a calciner development project in China, said Zawya Dow Jones report.
The move is aimed at securing raw materials supply and mitigate quality concerns, the state-owned firm was quoted as saying by the report.
The stake was purchased as part of a joint venture with Sinoway Carbon Energy Holdings, Hong Kong, for an undisclosed sum, Dubal said, according to the report.
The new venture, known as Sinoway Carbon Company, plans to build a 560,000 tonnes per annum calciner in Shandong, it said.
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants