Gulf Craft launches new superyacht project
Dubai, March 5, 2013
Gulf Craft, a major manufacturer of luxury yachts and fiberglass boats, has announced the start of construction of a brand new superyacht on day one of the Dubai International Boat Show (DIBS) 2013.
DIBS is taking place at the Dubai International Marine Club, Mina Seyahi until March 9.
The luxury superyacht Majesty 155 – the largest ever to be constructed in the company’s 31-year history – is expected to be completed in 2015.
The Majesty 155 represents both, the degree of engineering, design and technological sophistication already achieved as well as the company’s ambitions to embark on larger, more complex projects in line with the demands of the market.
Mohammed Hussain Al Shaali, chairman Gulf Craft said: “The Middle East continues to lead demand in the global superyacht market. Moreover, Gulf Craft also highlights the regional marine industry’s capability, sophistication and growing prominence on an international stage with the Majesty 155 being one of the largest composite superyachts ever to be constructed in the Middle East.”
“As a market for superyachts, the GCC and surrounding region is maturing rapidly. We are very optimistic about this region as more people are finding their way to the water. The destination building and infrastructure for superyachts in terms of larger berthing facilities, better equipped marinas and superior support facilities has progressed in recent years.
“With an active sales orientation towards a global client base, we are seeing increased demand worldwide for superyachts over 40m in general, with a particular appetite for the highly customized and individualized products we are able to provide,” he added.
Gulf Craft is presenting a fleet of yachts at DIBS 2013 featuring a number of concept debuts.
Leading the fleet is the Gulf 75 Exp – a brand new development that builds on the success of its Gulf 95 Exp predecessor. Designed around the concept of “living on the water”, it is styled and laid out to serve a more comfortable, extended overwater stay.
Reflecting a floating loft apartment, with wrap-around windows for interior light maximization and a huge entertainment fly-bridge, it evokes a feeling of a home on the water, one with the best sea-view available.
Gulf Craft’s superyacht portfolio will be strongly represented with a brand new Majesty 135, the Middle East premiere of the globally lauded Majesty 125 and a new Majesty 105.
“This is the first time we show the Majesty 125 to the public in the region. The concept has been extremely well received in Europe when it was displayed at both Cannes and Monaco Yacht Shows in previous years. This is the third Majesty 125 yacht to come out of the Gulf Craft yard and we expect it to receive a similarly enthusiastic response in the Middle East,” said Erwin Bamps, chief operating officer, Gulf Craft.
Gulf Craft also premiered the new Oryx 27 – a brand new design, extending the entry level segment of its popular Oryx sport yacht & cruiser range. It features a compact double cabin with separated washroom area, and packs a lot of features into 27ft of on-water fun.
Gulf Craft will exhibit its range of fiberglass boats and luxury superyachts from its Majesty Yachts, Oryx and Silvercraft brands at MD 29, 31, 35, 37, 38 and EX 11 at the Dubai International Boat Show. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo