Alba names smelter project director
Manama, March 5, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), ranked as one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, has appointed Shawqi Mohd Al Hashimi as the new director of it Line 6 smelter project.
In his new role, Al Hashimi will oversee the development of the Line 6 expansion project as well as lead a team responsible for implementing some of the key action plans of the project. He will report directly to the CEO.
He brings with him vast experience as project manager in regional smelters like Sohar Aluminium and Maaden. He began his career with Alba as an Electrical Technician in 1982 and was involved in the Line 5 expansion project as project manager in the carbon area.
Announcing this on Tuesday, Alba CEO Tim Murray said, "We are pleased to welcome Shawqi back to Alba as he begins his new assignment as project director for Line 6. This is one of the major expansion projects for Alba as it will exponentially increase the smelter’s production capacity as well as bring in additional jobs for Bahrainis."
"With Shawqi’s vast experience in Alba, Sohar and Maaden, we are confident that he will raise the level of excellence in the project’s implementation and turn this into another success story for the company," he added.
Shawqi Mohd Al Hashimi received an Electrical Engineering Diploma from the Hindustan Electronics Academy, India, and a B. Engg (Hons) Instrumentation & Control Engineering from Teesside University, United Kingdom.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans