GE ranks among ‘best companies for leaders’
Dubai, March 4, 2013
GE, a global diversified technology company, has secured a top place in Chief Executive magazine’s annual ranking of the 40 Best Companies for Leaders for 2013.
GE rose to the second spot on this year’s list, up from the third in 2012, with the selection based on several criteria including the commitment of the CEO to leadership development programs, depth of the leadership funnel and shareholder value performance, among others.
Chief Executive magazine, published from the US, focuses on providing innovative ideas, practical strategies and proven tactics for top executive leaders. Since 2005, the magazine has been identifying top global companies that seek to develop talent with the ‘Best Companies for Leaders’ ranking.
GE was recently named ‘World’s Best Company for Leadership’ for the third year in a row by Hay Group, and the new ranking further demonstrates the company’s commitment to identify and nurture talented business leaders within the organisation through regular training and development programmes.
Nabil Habayeb, GE’s president and chief executive officer for Mena and Turkey, said: “GE works to be a company that always gets better by understanding where it fits in different countries and industries, and the society.
“In this, we place the highest emphasis on our workforce, supporting them to emerge as inspiring business leaders through continuous leadership and training programs. The top place in the ‘Best Companies for Leaders’ ranking underlines our commitment to create a strong talent pool of professionals and further strengthen their leadership skills.”
He added: “In the Middle East, North Arica and Turkey region, one of our fastest growing international markets, we are building on our legacy of over 80 years by aligning our development goals with those of the governments. We remain committed to nurturing youth talent, and providing our team members the opportunity to identify their potential, thus supporting personal and professional growth.”
The annual Best Companies for Leadership ranking is based on a survey of leading organizations globally, and is conducted in partnership with US-based Chally Group Worldwide, a sales and leadership talent management firm.
The various parameters for deciding the ranking include having a formal leadership process in place, the commitment level of CEO to the leadership development program, as measured by the personal time spent on these activities; and the depth of leadership funnel as measured by the percentage of senior management positions. The ranking is also based on the number of other companies that report recruiting from the company being evaluated and shareholder value performance metric based on 10-year-growth or decline in market capitalization. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers