Ezz Steel posts $16m Q3 net loss
Cairo, February 28, 2013
Egypt's largest steel producer, Ezz Steel, reported a net loss of 110.05 million Egyptian pounds ($16.33 million) for the third quarter, the firm said in a bourse statement on Thursday.
Ezz Steel made a net profit of 264.73 million pounds in the same period, the three months ending Sept. 30, a year earlier.
Sales fell to 4.538 billion pounds in the third quarter from 4.830 billion pounds in the same period a year earlier.
The firm's 9 month net profit also dipped to 95.56 million pounds from 449.49 million pounds in the same period a year earlier.
Founder Ahmed Ezz quit the board of Ezz Steel and its subsidiary Ezz Dekheila in 2011 to fight corruption charges as prosecutors investigated figures closely associated with the ousted government of Hosni Mubarak. Ezz, a top official in Mubarak's now disbanded political party, was jailed last year. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Tata Steel rules out EU assets sale
- Egyptian firm Maridive inks $150m Islamic loan
- GPIC marks work safety milestone
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai