Tetra Pak unveils new solutions at Gulfood
Dubai, February 27, 2013
Tetra Pak, the world leader in food processing and packaging solutions, has announced significant developments to its packaging solutions portfolio at Gulfood 2013.
The innovations deliver faster response times for customers in meeting changing consumer needs while minimising packaging equipment investment, a statement from the company said.
Tetra Pak unveiled a one-step opening on the Tetra Evero Aseptic, the world’s first aseptic carton bottle for ambient white milk. The Tetra Evero Aseptic OSO offers double safety features due to the tamper evidence ring and a neck membrane that is removed by twisting the cap. In addition to these safety features, it enables customers an easy to open, handle and pour carton bottle.
The TBA/19 retrofitability kit allows customers to transform the package shape and base area on the same machine platform, a world-first in the aseptic carton packaging industry, the statement said.
For those with the machine who are not yet ready to invest in the Tetra Pak A3/compact llex, this solution gives them the option of producing these packages for a fraction of the cost. In addition, the kit takes less time to install than a new machine, which means products get to market faster.
The new Tetra Pak A3/speed is now available for Tetra Prisma Aseptic 200 and 250 portion packs. The Tetra Pak A3/Speed iLine is the fastest line available from Tetra Pak, with a maximum production capacity of 24,000 portion packs per hour.
“These developments demonstrate our focus on value-driven innovation, offering a broader packaging portfolio, increasing operational efficiency and faster speed to market, enabling customers to respond to ever-changing consumer demands,” said Charles Brand, vice president, marketing and product management at Tetra Pak.
The Tetra Gemina Aseptic 1000 Crystal is a unique package that includes four crystal-shaped panels with its innovative design helping customers to achieve product differentiation on the crowded supermarket shelf, the statement said.
It is a new version of the Tetra Gemina Aseptic, with enhanced pouring efficiency. Tetra Gemina Aseptic Crystal uses the Tetra Pak A3/Flex platform, along with the Tetra Gemina Aseptic Square, allowing customers to benefit from shape, size and flexibility within the product family.
The Tetra Pak A3/Flex platform for Tetra Gemina Aseptic offers the potential to produce three different shapes on the same machine and to switch between different shapes and sizes in the family, allowing customers to innovate rapidly in response to market demands.
Tetra Fino Aseptic 100 ml is the pocket size and smallest member of the Tetra Fino Aseptic family, which brings new opportunities to markets especially those targeting economical solutions for children, it said.
The Tetra Brik Aseptic 200 & 250 ml Edge was recently launched in the region in Saudi Arabia, Iran and Morocco. The new package has a unique geometry in the shape of a slanted top that helps achieve the best possible product flow and ideal for on-the-go consumption. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan