EWE launches dangerous goods unit
Dammam, February 20, 2013
East & West Express (EWE), the logistics division of the Saudi conglomerate ATCO Group, has completed the roll out of its dangerous goods (DG) logistics capability, covering the whole Saudi Arabia.
General manager of East and West Express in Saudi Arabia, David Scott said there was a clear need for a logistics provider to specialise in this part of the logistics chain and with Saudi Arabia being the global centre for the petrochemical industry along with a recent rapid expansion in the pharmaceutical and medical research sectors, the time was right for a quality provider to offer a world class standard of service to support the movement of dangerous goods to and from the kingdom.
Scott said Ron Robinson will head up the specialist team in the kingdom as country manager dangerous goods, based in Dammam. He will have a handpicked and highly skilled operational team in all major areas of the kingdom, supported by the regional offices of EWE.
Scott said Robinson has over 30 years of experience in the field of dangerous goods and is clearly seen in the Middle East region as being the expert.
Scott stated it was envisaged that in a time frame of less than 12 months, this division of the EWE business will dominate the DG movements inter-Saudi Arabia and the company seeks to establish itself as the undisputed leader in this field. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- IAA re-boots for 75th anniversary
- Bahrain port welcomes largest container vessel
- Dubai gold refiner wins ISO certification
- DP World extends maturity date on $1bn loan
- HK apparel group inks tenancy deal with BIO
- DHL wins ‘best employer' award
- Drydocks to host top shipping forum in Dubai
- DHL holds family fun day
- DMCA begins issuing marine driver’s licence
- RSA-Talke to set up storage facility in Dubai