Transguard partners with Swiss Post
Dubai, February 19, 2013
Transguard Group, a leading security and valuables handling company in Dubai, has signed a joint venture agreement with Swiss Post Solutions (SPS) to create ‘Transguard SPS;’ the new UAE-based mailroom and document management solutions provider.
Part of the Swiss Post Group, SPS is headquartered in Zurich (Switzerland) with an active presence in all important international economic regions.
It is a leading provider of solutions for the outsourcing of strategic business processes and offers comprehensive services in document management.
A division of the Emirates Group, Transguard, has a proven track record in meeting the growing needs of the UAE. Establishing a mailroom and document management provider is a natural extension of this core business, said a senior official.
Transguard SPS will alleviate labour-intensive administration duties by providing traditional and digital mailroom solutions, reprographics and managed print services, invoice processing, order management, claims management, scanning and indexing, live filing and eArchive facilities.
“When we began our search for the best partner for this endeavour, our goal was to bring in an industry leader who could provide experience in the document management area to complement our core Transguard businesses and knowledge of the UAE market,” said Geoff Shewry, Transguard deputy managing director.
“Swiss Post Solutions was the natural choice as they have a solid reputation and their worldwide experience perfectly matches the current and future needs of the UAE market,” he stated.
According to Shewry, the importance of proper document management and reliable mailroom services continues to grow in the region.
Transguard currently handles nine of the top ten banks in the UAE and Transguard SPS will complement the services already provided to the banking industry. Based in Dubai, Transguard SPS will be headed by Nigel Hall, the executive director of Transguard.
Jonathan King, the CEO of Swiss Post Solutions UK and Ireland said Transguard was its perfect partner "as there is such a great fit between what we both do."
"Both businesses are known for exceptional quality of service, reliability and efficiency. Working together our clients will benefit from a broader range of services tailored to their commercial needs now and in the future," he added.
SPS is the global business division of the Swiss Post Group, the world’s leading specialist providers of outsourced physical and digital mailrooms.
SPS chief Frank Marthaler said, "We are excited to partner with Transguard as we focus our combined energies to serve an increasing number of cross-border clients with industry-leading solutions and services. The relationship with Transguard represents a powerful opportunity for SPS to move into this expanding new area.”
Employing more than 8,000 people across 24 countries, each year SPS scans over 160 million images and delivers over 1 billion personalised mailings.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan