GAC Bahrain wins key certification
Manama, February 19, 2013
Leading shipping and logistics company GAC said its Bahrain unit has become the latest company to get certification by Trace International for its commitment to ethical business practices.
Trace International is a non-profit membership association that offers practical and cost-effective anti-bribery and anti-corruption compliance solutions for multinational companies.
To gain certification, GAC Bahrain underwent a series of extensive evaluations throughout 2012, including a due diligence review.
The key certification comes after GAC recently became the first shipping and logistics company in Bahrain to receive the Integrated Management System (IMS) certification signifying its high standards of logistics management for a variety of sectors, including the oil and gas industry.
GAC Bahrain has also won the Occupational Safety and Health Administration OSHA certification.
“Together, these certifications represent a clear recognition of our firm commitment to the highest industry standards in everything we do,” remarked the managing director Mikael Leijonberg.
Headquartered in Dubai, GAC employs over 9,000 people in more than 300 offices worldwide.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export
- Investments in Saudi plastics sector hit $50bn
- Asry Bahrain overhaul plan approved
- DHL Mena chief wins top honour
- Dubai Investments unit wins $38m projects