Etihad posts 27pc increase in Jan cargo
Abu Dhabi, February 18, 2013
Etihad Cargo, a division of UAE flag carrier Etihad Airways, has posted record monthly uplift figures for January at 32,613 tonnes, a 27 per cent increase on January 2012 (25,600 tonnes).
In its recently announced annual results, Etihad Cargo reported annual tonnage growth of 19 per cent for 2012 on the back of a capacity increase of 14 per cent in available tonnage km.
Kevin Knight, chief strategy and planning officer, Etihad Airways, said: “2012 was a record-breaking year for Etihad Cargo and based on projections, demand will be greater again in 2013.
“The impressive tonnage figures for January were driven largely by increased demand into and out of China and India.”
“Looking ahead, our forecasts point to continued strong demand in key exporting and importing markets such as China, India, Southeast Asia and Europe, and we remain confident that we have the right product and fleet strategy to match customers’ expectations,” Knight said.
To ensure capacity stays ahead of demand, Etihad Cargo will take delivery of three additional freighters in 2013 and 2014, comprising one Boeing B777F and two Airbus A330-200F.
The airline currently operates two Boeing B777F, one Boeing 747-400F, two Airbus A330-200F and one Airbus A300-600F. In total, Etihad Cargo serves 86 destinations across the globe. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures