Alba sponsors key investors conference
Manama, January 30, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, recently sponsored an investors conference of Bahrain-based Arindon, a specialist investor relations practice.
The conference at the Ritz Carlton Bahrain examined the Market Outlook for 2013 as well as explored the future for Mena Capital Markets. It also shed the light at the boomerang effect of the real estate cycle; alternative investments and smart money; as well as Islamic finance.
A panel of industry experts spearheaded the discussions that focused on addressing the concerns of high-profile delegates comprising chief financial officers, investment bankers, asset & fund managers, head of investor relations, investment advisors and others.
Alba’s chief executive Tim Murray said: “The investment outlook has been in flux due to the markets’ volatility across the globe.”
“This has made investors more cautious about allocating funds in their portfolio and hence the need to get a clear assessment of the market outlook remains of utmost importance. Platforms such as the 2013 Investors Conference provides such an opportunity for both Middle East and international investors.
“Alba remains confident that the event will clearly address these issues as well as help them in gauging the viability of the investment landscape,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- 14pc UAE GDP 'comes from logistics'
- Maersk plans to double freight charges
- GB Auto boosted by record sales revenues
- Dutch shipyard to build 14 terminal tugs for KOC
- Drydocks chairman gets top honour
- Alba sponsors CRU aluminium summit
- General Lighting plans Saudi share sale
- Kizad eyes UK investment at aluminium show
- Grace plans $200m UAE fluid cracker JV plant
- Globe Express bolsters Kuwait services