Alba sponsors key investors conference
Manama, January 30, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, recently sponsored an investors conference of Bahrain-based Arindon, a specialist investor relations practice.
The conference at the Ritz Carlton Bahrain examined the Market Outlook for 2013 as well as explored the future for Mena Capital Markets. It also shed the light at the boomerang effect of the real estate cycle; alternative investments and smart money; as well as Islamic finance.
A panel of industry experts spearheaded the discussions that focused on addressing the concerns of high-profile delegates comprising chief financial officers, investment bankers, asset & fund managers, head of investor relations, investment advisors and others.
Alba’s chief executive Tim Murray said: “The investment outlook has been in flux due to the markets’ volatility across the globe.”
“This has made investors more cautious about allocating funds in their portfolio and hence the need to get a clear assessment of the market outlook remains of utmost importance. Platforms such as the 2013 Investors Conference provides such an opportunity for both Middle East and international investors.
“Alba remains confident that the event will clearly address these issues as well as help them in gauging the viability of the investment landscape,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans