Ernesto Occhiello and Prof Ralph Eichler, president ETH Zurich
Sabic extends research pact with Swiss varsity
Riyadh, January 23, 2013
Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (Sabic) has expanded its multi-year agreement with a top Swiss-based university by signing an umbrella agreement for multiple future projects in a wide range of areas in technology and innovation.
Sabic had entered into a research collaboration agreement with the ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich), one of the world’s top-ranked universities, last year in the field of functional materials and nanotechnology.
The new agreement will strengthen this research alliance and allow the two sides to enter into strategic partnerships. The agreement will allow Sabic to develop advanced technologies into innovative solutions to meet global market needs and demands in many societal areas.
Ernesto Occhiello, executive vice president, Sabic Technology and Innovation, said that collaborative projects with well-established scientific organizations and research centers are an essential part of Sabic’s research programme.
“These initiatives enable us to draw on knowledge and expertise from across the globe and for Sabic researchers to work with world class teams of scientists in the respective joint research areas,” he said.
ETH Zurich regularly appears on the top of international university rankings. Twenty one Nobel Laureates have studied, taught or conducted research at the university. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production
- Harris Pye opens Dubai office
- 14pc UAE GDP 'comes from logistics'
- Maersk plans to double freight charges
- GB Auto boosted by record sales revenues
- Dutch shipyard to build 14 terminal tugs for KOC
- Drydocks chairman gets top honour