Extrusion billets are one of Alba’s value-added products
Alba production, sales hit new high in 2012
Manama, January 20, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, posted value-added (VA) sales of 65 per cent in 2012 as against 62 per cent in 2011.
Value-added sales for the fourth quarter of 2012 represented 64 per cent of the total shipments as compared to 52 per cent in the corresponding period of 2011.
For the full-year of 2012, sales figures remained almost stable at 890, 291 metric tonnes compared to 893,020 metric tonnes in 2011, while sales figures for the fourth quarter of 2012 stood at 225,739 metric tonnes versus 227,042 metric tonnes for the same period of 2011.
The company achieved a record production in 2012 reaching 890,217 metric tonnes which was a jump of 8,907 metric tonnes as compared to 881,310 metric tonnes in 2011.
“Despite the difficult LME market conditions, Alba was able to increase Value-Added sales to boost its profit margins. 2012 was a record year in production thanks to Alba’s commitment to deliver stretch targets,” said Tim Murray, Alba’s chief executive. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4