Afza launches Smart Warehouses offer
Ajman, January 14, 2013
Ajman Free Zone has unveiled Smart Warehouses, an offer which allows investors to rent warehouse units as small as 100 sq m or multiple units depending on client requirements.
Mahmood AL Hashemi, general manager of the Ajman Free Zone Authority (Afza), said: "The launch of Smart Warehouses follows our decision to focus on business of all sizes and types facilitating a diverse range of investment and licensing options to suit their business requirements and budgets.”
"We have been able to attract significant investments from all over the world over and are confident that Smart Warehouses is an unparalleled proposition that will further catalyse the flow of global businesses to the Ajman Free Zone and it is imperative that we focus on facilitating these investments through cost-efficient, flexible and innovative investment platforms."
Afza has been taking sustained steps in the recent past to position itself as an ideal business hub through road shows and participation in exhibitions across East Europe, the Indian Sub Continent and the Far East, the latest being its participation at the dedicated Hong Kong SME Expo, a statement said.
So far Afza has attracted over 7,000 companies with a significant chunk of SME investments in the portfolio. It is also undertaking a major expansion drive of its premises anticipating a rise in the flow of investors to the free zone in the context of its flexible platforms that are unique and investment-friendly.
“Afza’s endeavour is to offer unparalleled flexible investment and licensing options. The state-of-the-art Smart Warehouses combined with the advantages of location, infrastructure and facilitation-focused rules of Afza will work well for global companies looking to have a base in the UAE,” said Nader Eldesouky, deputy general manager, Afza.
Rishi Somaiya, sales director of the Free Zone, said: "This is one-of-a kind proposition in the UAE and the region. Smart Warehouses have been designed in a flexible and scalable manner. Companies requiring small spaces have the option of renting units starting from a 100 sq m and investors can take up larger warehouse spaces by combining multiple units.”
“Instead of investing in large warehouse space in the initial stages of a business, investors now have an option to take small spaces and expand it in a modular manner according to their business growth”.
Along with Smart Warehouses, Afza also offers other inexpensive investment platforms – Smart Offices and Executive Offices. Under the Smart Office category, investor are offered a shared office space for $555 per month while in the case of Executive offices the investment is $777 per month which includes the cost of the license.
The diverse investment platforms come with the other advantages including lease contracts of up to 40 years in two tranches of 20 years each, which has attracted scores of companies to the free zone that is home to over 7,000 enterprises currently, the statement said.
Ever since its incorporation in 1988, the free zone has been instrumental in renewing industrial activity in the Emirate of Ajman. In the last few years the number of companies in AFZ has quadrupled, it said.
The benefits of investing in Ajman Free Zone includes 100 per cent foreign ownership, comparatively cheap labour structure, proximity to sea and airports backed by the excellent transport infrastructure of the UAE.
Ajman Free Zone also offers cheap energy, an up-to-date technology backed infrastructure, low handling charges and a single window clearance for investors with licenses issued within 24 hours. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo