Bapco signs up for big industrial expo
Manama, January 7, 2013
Bapco has confirmed its strategic sponsorship for the upcoming Gulf Industry Fair (GIF), the premier business-to-business (B2B) industrial exhibition in the northern Gulf, to be held at the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre.
This follows the signing of a strategic energy partnership agreement with Hilal Conferences & Exhibitions (HCE), the organisers of the show, which runs from January 15 to 17.
GIF 2013 is the fifth consecutive year that Bapco, as part of the National Oil and Gas Authority group of companies, is providing top level support to the maajor industry event.
Bapco will use the fair to raise awareness of its latest strategic projects and investments in both upstream and downstream sectors and related commercial opportunities for exhibitors and visitors.
"We are grateful for Bapco's continued high-level support for Gulf Industry Fair, which demonstrates its ongoing commitment to the kingdom's sustainable development, in line with long-term national objectives and its role as an economic pillar," said Ronnie Middleton, managing director of Al Hilal Group, the parent company of HCE.
"Bapco is a key driver of the energy sector in Bahrain and Gulf Industry Fair is a leading commercial showcase for energy companies," said Bapco chief executive Gordon Smith. "It is a good strategic fit," he added.
GIF 2013 is being held at a pivotal time for the energy industry, which is adjusting to changing market dynamics with new investments and innovations.
GCC governments continue to prioritise massive industrial investment programmes, while oil prices have reverted to more sustainable levels.
The future of energy industry in the region is particularly bright for the manufacturing and services sectors, which are expected to witness outstanding growth opportunities in the next few years.
In addition to energy, GIF 2013 will be a showcase for world-scale manufacturing plants, specialist equipment suppliers, distributors and agencies representing the key segments of aluminium, environmental protection, steel and alloys, industrial processes and manufacturing, ports, logistics and free zones, training for industry and industrial security and safety.
As well as Bapco, high-level strategic support for GIF 2013 this year is provided by Alba, one of the world's largest aluminium smelters; Majaal, a leading industrial facilities project and British Offset, a joint initiative which manages the Saudi British Economic Offset Programme.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Amphibious boat debuts in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event