Alba sets new production record in 2012
Manama, January 6, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) achieved a major landmark in 2012 netting the highest metal production in its 41-year history with an output of 890,217 metric tonnes compared to 881,310 mtpa achieved in 2011.
A ceremony was held at the HRH Princess Sabeeka Oasis recently to mark this accomplishment in the presence of top company officials including chief executive Tim Murray, chief operations officer Isa Al Ansari, acting chief finance and supply chain officer Ali Al-Baqali, chief support functions officer Basem Al-Sharqi and Alba’s labour union chairman Ali Al-Binali.
Commenting on the milestone, Al-Ansari said, "Alba’s achievement was made possible by its dedicated workforce and great teamwork. We are proud to once again have achieved the record in production and look forward to even more in 2013."
Murray said last year was a challenging one for the aluminium industry however Alba’s commitment to operational improvement resulted in achieving the record in metal production without incurring any significant additional capital expenditures.
"Alba’s high-grade aluminium product range includes standard and T-ingots, extrusion billets, rolling slab, properzi ingots and molten aluminium. They are produced to high purity standards that exceed 99.9 per cent," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Tata Steel rules out EU assets sale
- Egyptian firm Maridive inks $150m Islamic loan
- GPIC marks work safety milestone
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai