GE Lighting names EMEA chief
Dubai, January 2, 2013
GE Lighting has announced that Agostino Renna has been named president and CEO of GE Lighting Europe, Middle East & Africa effective immediately.
Renna, who will report to GE Lighting president & CEO Maryrose Sylvester, succeeds Phil Marshall who has led GE Lighting Europe, Middle East & Africa, since 2008. Marshall has left GE Lighting to pursue a position outside of the company.
“Agostino Renna’s experience, leadership and significant sales and marketing background make him an outstanding person to continue the transformation of the Lighting business in the region,” said Sylvester.
“Agostino has demonstrated outstanding management qualities and has the ability to sharpen our strategic focus to lead GE Lighting Europe, Middle East & Africa to achieve strong, sustained growth in 2013 and beyond.”
Renna most recently was vice president, Growth & Market Strategy for GE-Canada with responsibility for the long term growth and market positioning of all GE's businesses in Canada.
Prior to joining GE, Renna spent 14 years at Johnson Controls, where he worked in Canada, the US and Europe. He held leadership roles in sales, marketing, strategy and general management culminating with a position leading Johnson Controls’ Energy Solutions division for Europe, the Middle East and Africa based in Brussels, Belgium.
Renna holds a degree in Mechanical Engineering from McGill University. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo