Sabic affiliates to build new petchem plant
Al Khobar , December 24, 2012
Two affiliates of Saudi Basic Industries Corp (Sabic) have signed initial deals to build an ultra-high molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) plant in Jubail, Saudi Arabia's major industrial hub, Saudi Kayan said on Monday.
Saudi Kayan and Petrokemya will equally own and finance the project, located at Kayan's petrochemicals complex, Kayan said in a statement to the Saudi bourse, without giving a cost figure.
The plant will have production capacity of 35,000 tonnes per year and is expected to start production in the second half of 2014. UHMWPE is used in industrial applications including batteries and industrial fibres.
Kayan said in April that the plant would use ethylene from its olefins plant and in June, US firm Jacobs Engineering said it would conduct engineering and design work for the plant. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Yokogawa wins big order for Saudi desal plant
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport