Sabic affiliates to build new petchem plant
Al Khobar , December 24, 2012
Two affiliates of Saudi Basic Industries Corp (Sabic) have signed initial deals to build an ultra-high molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) plant in Jubail, Saudi Arabia's major industrial hub, Saudi Kayan said on Monday.
Saudi Kayan and Petrokemya will equally own and finance the project, located at Kayan's petrochemicals complex, Kayan said in a statement to the Saudi bourse, without giving a cost figure.
The plant will have production capacity of 35,000 tonnes per year and is expected to start production in the second half of 2014. UHMWPE is used in industrial applications including batteries and industrial fibres.
Kayan said in April that the plant would use ethylene from its olefins plant and in June, US firm Jacobs Engineering said it would conduct engineering and design work for the plant. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Gulf Extrusions unveils key techniques at Italy show
- Tata Steel rules out EU assets sale
- Egyptian firm Maridive inks $150m Islamic loan
- GPIC marks work safety milestone
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans