Etihad Cargo posts record Nov revenue
Abu Dhabi, December 19, 2012
Etihad Cargo, a division of UAE flag carrier Etihad Airways, has posted record monthly revenues for November of $65.8 million, up from $54.3 million registered for the same period last year, marking an increase of 21.2 per cent.
The carrier lifted 32,633 tonnes of freight in the period, an 18.2 per cent increase on November 2011 (27,628 tonnes).
The figures reflect the cargo operator’s continued upward momentum in what has been a record 2012 so far.
Etihad Airways’ chief strategy and planning officer Kevin Knight said: “2012 has been a great year for us. The latest impressive revenue and tonnage figures have been driven largely by strong sales out of Southern China and solid growth out of Europe and South East Asia.
“Yields have also held up compared to last year, and at the same time we have successfully grown volumes ahead of our capacity growth.
“Looking ahead, we expect to maintain strong freight performance over the final month of 2012,” he added.
Etihad Cargo has also recently inaugurated a twice-weekly freighter operation from Houston to Abu Dhabi.
The new service departs Texas’ largest city every Tuesday and Friday and is operated in conjunction with existing wet-lease partner Atlas Air Worldwide, using a Boeing 747-8 freighter.
“Houston-Abu Dhabi will complement our existing bellyhold cargo capacity from Chicago and New York, and no doubt be a catalyst for strengthening the trade ties between our two countries,” Knight noted. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo