Emal wins big at Quality Group symposium
Abu Dhabi, December 17, 2012
Emirates Aluminium (Emal) won gold and bronze awards in the Quality Quiz competition at the 4th Continual Improvement & Innovation Symposium organised by the Dubai Quality Group (DQG).
The symposium is an annual event that contributes uniquely to facilitate exchange, recognition and learning from real-life examples of improvement projects and innovation strategies as applied in different organisations across the UAE.
Traditionally, a Quality Quiz draws many competing teams from different companies to test their knowledge on tools and techniques of quality improvement in honour of the World Quality Day.
The Dubai Quality Group is created by the Dubai Department of Economic Development. DQG is a non-profit organisation of 2,000 individuals representing over 380 prominent organisations from both the private and the public sectors. The competition aims to promote awareness of quality around the world and to encourage individuals' and organisations' growth and prosperity, a statement from Emal said.
Saeed Fadhel Al Mazrooei, president and CEO of EMAL, said: “Celebrating the World Quality Day by successfully participating in the DQG competition is the perfect platform for our employees to display Emal as a centre of excellence, where quality and innovation can be seen in every aspect of our organisation. For our teams to be recognised by not one but two awards is remarkable.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans