Alba signs up Betchel for expansion project
Manama, December 12, 2012
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), ranked as one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, said it has signed up Bechtel Canada to perform a bankable feasibility study (BFS) for its line 6 expansion project.
According to the Letter of Intent (LOI) awarded to Bechtel Canada, a leading player in the engineering, construction, management, and development services worldwide, the study will include the economic analysis for the construction of a new Line 6 and Power Station 5.
Alba said its sixth potline (Line 6) is expected to produce an additional 400,000 tonnes of aluminium per year and Dubal DX+ Technology will be used as the basis of the study. The BFS will also include a study for the construction of a 5th Power Station in the plant.
Bechtel has considerable industry specific experience in the region and was previously the EPCM contractor for the Alba Line 4 and 5 expansions. The BFS is expected to complete by the third quarter of 2013.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production
- Harris Pye opens Dubai office
- 14pc UAE GDP 'comes from logistics'
- Maersk plans to double freight charges
- GB Auto boosted by record sales revenues
- Dutch shipyard to build 14 terminal tugs for KOC
- Drydocks chairman gets top honour