Suez Canal Nov revenue dips 8pc
Cairo, December 9, 2012
Revenue from Egypt's Suez Canal fell 8 percent to $407.7 million in November compared to the previous month, the canal's official website said on Sunday.
Revenue in October was $443.1 million. In November 2011 it was $435.5 million.
The waterway is one of the country's main sources of foreign currency, alongside tourism, oil and gas exports and remittances from Egyptians living abroad. – Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans