Milliken to showcase innovations at Arabplast
Dubai, December 5, 2012
Additives expert Milliken will showcase its product innovations and service solutions at the upcoming Arabplast 2013, the international plastic and rubber industry trade show and conference in Dubai.
The 11th edition of Arabplast will run from January 7 to 10 at Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Milliken’s latest advances in polypropylene (PP) clarification and nucleation, implemented in close collaboration with resin producers, are creating innovative opportunities for Middle East converters to upgrade and replace existing materials to make them more competitive at home and on the global stage, said Sami T K Palanisami, marketing and sales manager, Plastic Additives EMEA, Milliken.
“The trend towards more downstream conversion within the Middle East is gaining momentum, and Milliken has the global expertise, service support and additive innovations to help converters embrace the opportunities that exist globally,” he said.
At Arabplast 2013, visitors can experience Milliken’s on-going support for the region’s thermoformers and injection molders in achieving high transparency in food and beverage containers while reducing energy consumption.
Milliken’s pioneering clarifying agent for PP, Millad NX 8000, lets processors produce parts with outstanding optics at lower processing temperature and shorter cycle times than is possible with other clarifying agents.
It is opening new doors for the use of lightweight PP with a glass-like appearance in packaging applications such as drinks cups as well as kitchenware.
Milliken will also demonstrate the benefits of its nucleating agent Hyperform HPN-600ei for better transparency and excellent visual appearance, lightweighting, and PET/PS replacement in thermoforming cups and trays. Parts made with PP containing Hyperform HPN-600ei have an appealing fresh look, and the additive also enables improved output rates over some other conventional nucleating agents.
With its nucleating agent Hyperform HPN-20E, Milliken addresses the specific import, handling and storage challenges for Middle East PP producers using high levels of talc in Polypropylene grades.
This innovative additive is used at much lower addition rates, enabling PP producers to reduce inventory and transport costs. At the same time, it offers molders a winning combination of isotropic shrinkage characteristics with good physical property balance and crystallization effects to increase productivity and part quality. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures