GAC Bahrain wins IMS certification
Manama, November 28, 2012
GAC Bahrain said it has become the first shipping and logistics company in the Kingdom to receive the Integrated Management System (IMS) certification which covers the provision of logistics and shipping services.
The certification which includes ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management System), ISO 14001:2004 (Environmental Management System) and OHSAS 18001:2007 (Occupational Health & Safety Management System), confirms that the company meets the highest standards in logistics management demanded by customers, including those in the oil and gas industry.
GAC Bahrain’s managing director Mikael Leijonberg received the certificate from Samir Ahmed, Bureau Veritas’s certification manager at a special ceremony held in the company’s office in Manama.
GAC Bahrain has been involved in major infrastructural projects since its establishment in 1957 and is now one of the country’s largest shipping and forwarding agencies, said Leijonberg.
The GAC Logistics Centre in Muharraq is considered the first of its kind in Bahrain, offering multi-modal options – road, sea, and air – under one roof. -TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Yokogawa wins big order for Saudi desal plant
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport