Emal to host Arabal 2013 in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, November 28, 2012
Emirates Aluminium (Emal), a key player in the UAE aluminium industry, will host the 17th International Arab Aluminium (Arabal) Conference and Exhibition 2013 in Abu Dhabi.
The announcement was made by the Arabal Forum – a committee of representatives from the primary aluminium producers in the Gulf that is tasked with organizing the Arabal events – at the recently concluded Arabal 2012 in Doha.
Both Emal and Dubai Aluminium (Dubal), yet another major smelter in the UAE, participated in Arabal 2012.
The strength of the two UAE Smelters – whose total sales volume in 2011 amounted to 1,780,545 metric tonnes, about 50 per cent of the regional total – was communicated through a combined display stand in the exhibition held alongside Arabal 2012.
Dubal’s Abdalla Al Zarouni, senior manager, Technology Development, delivered a presentation entitled “Dubal Technologies: serving the Gulf region”, which showcased the exceptional performance of Dubal’s advanced, high amperage DX and DX+ Technologies, both of which have been developed to operate optimally in the Gulf climate.
Using actual results from the existing industrial installations of DX Technology (40 cells in Dubal, 756 cells at Emal) and the pilot DX+ Technology cells, Al Zarouni’s presentation demonstrated how Dubal’s technologies are successfully addressing the growing need for lower energy consumption, reduced atmospheric emissions and improved productivity.
Al Zarouni also shared Dubal’s successful pilot project to retrofit an existing potline, using modern technologies.
Dubal has been involved in the Arabal Conference and Exhibitions since their inauguration in 1983; and is the first aluminium producer in the region to host four of Arabal events to date: 1987, 1995, 2001 and 2008.
The latter coincided with Arabal’s 25th anniversary, giving Dubal the rare privilege of hosting the silver jubilee year of this internationally-acclaimed event.
Emal participated at Arabal for the first time in 2008. Both companies serve on the Arabal Forum. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures