Organic products expo opens in Dubai
Dubai, November 27, 2012
More than 100 exhibitors from 25 countries are showcasing their products at the 10th edition of the Middle East Natural & Organic Products (Menope 2012) which opened in Dubai today.
The exhibition was opened by Dr Salem Abdul Rahman Al Darmaki, Undersecretary, UAE Ministry of Health.
The expo, at the Dubai International Convention & Exhibition Centre, comes at a time when the organic and natural products market in the UAE and the Mena region is growing at rate of 15 per cent year-on-year, propelled by increasing awareness on leading a sustainable healthy lifestyle.
“This year Menope is taking place in the context of new regulatory environment instituted by the UAE government bringing an organized focus to the industry and potential to grow faster than the global average,” said Eng Nadim Al Fuqaha, managing director Global Links, the organiser of the event.
Menope will run till November 29 and is expected to receive over 5,000 trade visitors from across the region and the Indian Subcontinent. – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Dubai |
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- ADPC to take over UAE port operations
- Carlyle readies $3bn sale of chemical firm
- Firm plans to bring super jumbo jet to Bahrain
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc