ABB opens hitech learning hub in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, November 26, 2012
ABB, a global leader in power and automation technology sector, has announced the official opening of its learning zone, a flagship facility set over 1,000 sq m inside the company's headquarters in Abu Dhabi.
Sheikh Nahyan Bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research officially opened the learning zone, which showcases ABB’s products, services and solutions, and offers customers, engineers and students over 180 training courses on leading edge technologies in a unique environment.
This is ABB's first hub for learning, development and collaboration being set up in the Middle East.
The new facility includes five training rooms with interactive whiteboards, an auditorium to accommodate 90 people, digital display panel zone with an interactive augmented reality pod and discrete discussion areas.
“This one-of-a-kind facility provides a special environment for customers and other key stakeholders from across the Middle East. They can enroll on any of the 180 professional and engaging courses led by highly knowledgeable course leaders across multiple disciplines and products”, remarked Frank Duggan, the head of Global Markets and Region Manager for ABB in India, Middle East and Africa.
The learning zone will be used by both the Emirati community and other stakeholders across the region, bringing knowledge and expertise under one roof and further demonstrating ABB’s commitment to securing deep roots and investment in the UAE’s future.
ABB collaborates with the local community and is actively building its Emirati Ambassador program. As part of this, ABB supports Emirati students by offering certified training in the professional and technically advanced environment that will help to secure their careers for the future.
The learning zone will be used by both the Emirati community and other stakeholders across the region, bringing knowledge and expertise under one roof and further demonstrating ABB’s commitment to securing deep roots and investment in the UAE’s future, stated Duggan.
“On completion of their courses, engineers and operators will gain valuable knowledge which will in turn improve effectiveness and efficiency, helping ABB customers to increase productivity, efficiency and safety of their processes,” he added.
ABB said a range of demonstration equipment is available for hands-on experience, such as the distributed control system 800xA in a mock-up control room environment, which demonstrates the ‘Operator Effectiveness’ concept.
Another interactive tool includes the solar augmented reality demo that allows visitors to be given a virtual tour of a solar plant via a large screen. The learning zone can be used by engineers, customers and students who would like to enhance personal development and improve their technical skills and knowledge.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan