GPIC reviews heat exchanger unit work
Manama, November 25, 2012
The Gulf Petrochemical Industries Company (GPIC) examined the heat exchanger unit in its urea plant, using a high-pressure stripper, the first-of-its-kind in terms of manufacturing and materials technology used.
Bahraini engineers along with American and Italian specialists played a significant role in the procedure.
GPIC president Abdulrahman Jawahery said the exchanger started operations in 2010.
Inspection is being carried out for the first time during the scheduled maintenance overhaul after running the exchanger successfully for 900 days, he added.
He praised woman engineers involved in inspection during the turnaround.
He also hailed professionalism and high technical level reached by Bahraini woman workers.
He vowed to continue the company's support for them by giving them opportunities for excellence through specialised courses to boost their skills
Jawahery said the executive management is encouraging them to take up leadership role in specialised operations of the company.
This is in response to a request by Her Royal Highness Princess Sabeeka bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa, wife of His Majesty King Hamad and Supreme Council for Women president, to support Bahraini women's potential and give them opportunities that help them highlight their unique talents in all areas of their working lives.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans
- Top industrial trade fair opens in Oman