GPIC reviews heat exchanger unit work
Manama, November 25, 2012
The Gulf Petrochemical Industries Company (GPIC) examined the heat exchanger unit in its urea plant, using a high-pressure stripper, the first-of-its-kind in terms of manufacturing and materials technology used.
Bahraini engineers along with American and Italian specialists played a significant role in the procedure.
GPIC president Abdulrahman Jawahery said the exchanger started operations in 2010.
Inspection is being carried out for the first time during the scheduled maintenance overhaul after running the exchanger successfully for 900 days, he added.
He praised woman engineers involved in inspection during the turnaround.
He also hailed professionalism and high technical level reached by Bahraini woman workers.
He vowed to continue the company's support for them by giving them opportunities for excellence through specialised courses to boost their skills
Jawahery said the executive management is encouraging them to take up leadership role in specialised operations of the company.
This is in response to a request by Her Royal Highness Princess Sabeeka bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa, wife of His Majesty King Hamad and Supreme Council for Women president, to support Bahraini women's potential and give them opportunities that help them highlight their unique talents in all areas of their working lives.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan