Qapco set to launch third LDPE plant
Doha, November 19, 2012
Qatar Petrochemical Company (Qapco), a joint venture between Industries Qatar and Total Petrochemicals, will officially launch activities of its third low density polyethylene plant (LDPE 3) tomorrow.
Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thanni, Emir of the State of Qatar, will inaugurate the facility in an elaborate ceremony.
The state-of-the-art facility will increase Qapco’s output to 700,000 metric tons per annum of low-density polyethylene, with LDPE 3 making up nearly half that number.
Testing and commissioning of the plant were completed in the middle of August this year, with the inauguration of the plant coming just short of three years after the laying of the foundation stone.
“The LDPE 3 facility represents the culmination of our efforts to meet our mission: to become a regional leader in the production and distribution of ethylene and polyethylene,” said Dr Mohammed Yousef Al-Mulla, Qapco’s vice chairman and chief executive officer.
“In addition, the plant represents our commitment to the virtues and pillars of the Qatar National Vision 2030. With economic diversification at the center of the country’s development and growth for generations to come, all of us at Qapco are proud in the role we play in meeting the goals.”
The inauguration event will take place at the Mesaieed Industrial City, the heart of Qapco’s operations. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Amphibious boat debuts in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event