Qapco set to launch third LDPE plant
Doha, November 19, 2012
Qatar Petrochemical Company (Qapco), a joint venture between Industries Qatar and Total Petrochemicals, will officially launch activities of its third low density polyethylene plant (LDPE 3) tomorrow.
Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thanni, Emir of the State of Qatar, will inaugurate the facility in an elaborate ceremony.
The state-of-the-art facility will increase Qapco’s output to 700,000 metric tons per annum of low-density polyethylene, with LDPE 3 making up nearly half that number.
Testing and commissioning of the plant were completed in the middle of August this year, with the inauguration of the plant coming just short of three years after the laying of the foundation stone.
“The LDPE 3 facility represents the culmination of our efforts to meet our mission: to become a regional leader in the production and distribution of ethylene and polyethylene,” said Dr Mohammed Yousef Al-Mulla, Qapco’s vice chairman and chief executive officer.
“In addition, the plant represents our commitment to the virtues and pillars of the Qatar National Vision 2030. With economic diversification at the center of the country’s development and growth for generations to come, all of us at Qapco are proud in the role we play in meeting the goals.”
The inauguration event will take place at the Mesaieed Industrial City, the heart of Qapco’s operations. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4
- Dabbagh plans stake sale in lubricants arm
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- Drydocks World creates history in heavy lifts