Asry nominated for top awards
Manama, November 19, 2012
Bahrain-based Arabian Ship Repair Yard (Asry) said it has been nominated in two categories at the upcoming Seatrade Middle East and Indian Sub-Continent Awards 2012.
Asry, whose diversification strategy in recent years has cemented its position as one of the world's leading marine hubs, has been nominated for the Shipyard Award and the Corporate Social Responsibility Award, said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The ceremony is set to take place at the Atlantis Palm in Dubai on November 26.
Now in their ninth year, these awards honour individuals, organisations and companies from across the region's shipping industry.
Known as the 'Oscars' of the maritime world, the awards are presented at a glittering gala dinner attended by more than 750 of the who's who of the region's maritime and shipping industry.
The awards are judged by a 12-strong panel of international judges.
"Seatrade has become such a prestigious name to be associated with that we are very proud of these nomination," said Asry chief executive Chris Potter.
"The judging is tough and competition is strong, so just being nominated is an honour.
"Asry has been tirelessly improving and diversifying in recent years to maintain its leadership position, and these kinds of accolades are encouraging re-enforcers that we are still leading ship and rig repair in the Arabian Gulf, and have been since 1977," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair