UAE smelters to have strong presence at Qatar forum
Dubai, November 18, 2012
Leading players in the UAE’s primary aluminium industry - Dubai Aluminium (Dubal) and Emirates Aluminium Company Limited (Emal) - will be out in force at the upcoming 'International Arab Aluminium Conference and Exhibition' (Arabal 2012) in Qatar.
Reflecting their common commitment to the development of the Middle East as a global aluminium hub, the Emirati firms will promote their innovative products and reduction technologies at the event, being hosted by Qatalum in Doha from November 20 to 22.
The first day of the event will feature a panel comprising the presidents and chief executive officers of the Gulf aluminium smelters.
Dubal and Emal’s participation will be at two main levels. Emal is a 50:50 joint venture between Dubal and Abu Dhabi-based Mubadala, which was established in February 2007 to construct the world’s largest single-site aluminium smelter complex.
Firstly the line-up of speakers will include Dubal’s Abdalla Al Zarouni (senior manager: technology development), whose presentation entitled “Dubal Technologies: serving the Gulf region” will showcase the exceptional performance of the company’s advanced, high amperage DX and DX+ Technologies, both of which have been developed to operate optimally in the Gulf climate.
Using actual results from the existing industrial installations of DX Technology (40 cells in Dubal, 756 cells at Emal) and the pilot DX+ Technology cells, Al Zarouni’s presentation will demonstrate how Dubal’s technologies are successfully addressing the growing need for lower energy consumption, reduced atmospheric emissions and improved productivity.
Al Zarouni will also share the Dubai firm's successful pilot project to retrofit an existing potline, using modern technologies.
Secondly, the two companies will have a combined display stand in the exhibition held alongside Arabal 2012.
The Dubal Marketing & Sales department is responsible for marketing the metal produced by EMAL (288,568 metric tonnes of cast aluminium in 2010, and 748,000 metric tonnes in 2011) in addition to DUBAL’s own sales, which exceeded one million tonnes in both years.
An entirely state-owned enterprise, Dubal owns and operates a one million metric tonne per annum primary aluminium smelter at Jebel Ali, Dubai — one of the largest single-site operations of its kind in the world.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Experts to discuss aviation issues at Abu Dhabi summit
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon