Gulftainer wins Lebanon port deal
Sharjah, November 13, 2012
Gulftainer, a UAE-based ports operator, has won the concession to develop and operate a new container terminal in northern Lebanon's Tripoli.
The concession is for 25 years and Gulftainer is expected to invest $60 million in new equipment and machinery initially.
The new terminal will be able to accommodate some of the largest container vessels operating in the Eastern Mediterranean, alleviating congestion at the Port of Beirut. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Yokogawa wins big order for Saudi desal plant
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport