200 firms for Sabic technology expo
Riyadh, November 13, 2012
Around 200 exhibitors from 22 countries are taking part in a major technology and innovation exhibition organised by Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (Sabic) in Riyadh.
Held under the patronage of Prince Saud bin Abdullah bin Thenayan Al-Saud, chairman of the Royal Commission for Jubail and Yanbu and chairman of Sabic, the 10th Sabic Technical & Innovation Meeting (STIM-10) was opened yesterday (November 12) by Mohamed Al-Mady, Sabic vice chairman and CEO.
The event will continue until November 14. Prior to the inauguration, Al-Mady highlighted the importance of investing in technology, innovation centers and research that ultimately help deliver innovative and sustainable solutions for customers.
“This year’s exhibition will demonstrate innovation as a tool to turn ideas into profitable products and services. ‘Innovations that matter’ is the theme of this year’s STIM-10 and this reflects the importance of investing in the ideas of scientists and researchers to deliver ingenious solutions to our customers,” said Al-Mady.
He also highlighted that this year’s exhibition has witnessed a larger participation of exhibitors from global companies, which demonstrates how the STIM-10 exhibition and meeting are turning into a global specialized platform for collaborating and sharing ideas and knowledge.
Al Mady noted that Sabic has made considerable efforts in inspiring its employees to continue to search for and present new ideas in the form of diverse programs and initiatives adopted by the company.
One of those is “MY IDEA”, a programme through which Sabic gives its people the opportunity to present an innovative business idea, he said.
This goes through a rigorous assessment and the most original and relevant ideas are eventually executed, supported by a special company fund for this purpose.
As part of this year’s STIM-10 event, a number of workshops have been running in parallel to the exhibition.
Numerous work papers and keynote speeches have been presented, focused on adding value to Sabic’s culture of ingenuity. Themes have included: “From Innovation to Market Relevance”, “Setting Financing Standards”, “Innovation as a Driving Force in Aerospace”, “Intellectual Property at Sabic”, “Manufacturing Excellence – A Strategic Option”, among others. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo