Bengt Ekstrand, Bjorn Engblom and Lars Safverstrom
GAC appoints new group president
Dubai, November 12, 2012
GAC Group, a leading global shipping, logistics and marine services provider, has announced the appointment of Bengt Ekstrand as its new Group president.
Ekstrand will take over in January, 2013 from Capt Lars Säfverström who has held the position since July, 1998. Ekstrand is currently Group vice president of GAC’s Asia-Pacific region and was previously the head of the Middle East region.
“Bengt brings substantial experience in GAC’s core businesses plus an intimate understanding of GAC’s values to the position of Group president,” said GAC’s Group executive chairman Björn Engblom.
“He has been part of the GAC team for 20 years and has shown in that time that he has the vision and the determination to take GAC forward.”
Engblom paid tribute to Capt Säfverström for his successful management of the GAC Group’s worldwide expansion.
“Lars has not only overseen substantial growth in GAC, but at the same time has ensured that we have maintained our ethical standards and values. Further, I am pleased to announce that Lars has agreed to join me as co-chair of GAC so that we will continue to benefit from his skills and experience,” he said.
GAC has operations on every continent and employs more than 9,000 people worldwide. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday