Bengt Ekstrand, Bjorn Engblom and Lars Safverstrom
GAC appoints new group president
Dubai, November 12, 2012
GAC Group, a leading global shipping, logistics and marine services provider, has announced the appointment of Bengt Ekstrand as its new Group president.
Ekstrand will take over in January, 2013 from Capt Lars Säfverström who has held the position since July, 1998. Ekstrand is currently Group vice president of GAC’s Asia-Pacific region and was previously the head of the Middle East region.
“Bengt brings substantial experience in GAC’s core businesses plus an intimate understanding of GAC’s values to the position of Group president,” said GAC’s Group executive chairman Björn Engblom.
“He has been part of the GAC team for 20 years and has shown in that time that he has the vision and the determination to take GAC forward.”
Engblom paid tribute to Capt Säfverström for his successful management of the GAC Group’s worldwide expansion.
“Lars has not only overseen substantial growth in GAC, but at the same time has ensured that we have maintained our ethical standards and values. Further, I am pleased to announce that Lars has agreed to join me as co-chair of GAC so that we will continue to benefit from his skills and experience,” he said.
GAC has operations on every continent and employs more than 9,000 people worldwide. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4
- Dabbagh plans stake sale in lubricants arm
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- Drydocks World creates history in heavy lifts