Bengt Ekstrand, Bjorn Engblom and Lars Safverstrom
GAC appoints new group president
Dubai, November 12, 2012
GAC Group, a leading global shipping, logistics and marine services provider, has announced the appointment of Bengt Ekstrand as its new Group president.
Ekstrand will take over in January, 2013 from Capt Lars Säfverström who has held the position since July, 1998. Ekstrand is currently Group vice president of GAC’s Asia-Pacific region and was previously the head of the Middle East region.
“Bengt brings substantial experience in GAC’s core businesses plus an intimate understanding of GAC’s values to the position of Group president,” said GAC’s Group executive chairman Björn Engblom.
“He has been part of the GAC team for 20 years and has shown in that time that he has the vision and the determination to take GAC forward.”
Engblom paid tribute to Capt Säfverström for his successful management of the GAC Group’s worldwide expansion.
“Lars has not only overseen substantial growth in GAC, but at the same time has ensured that we have maintained our ethical standards and values. Further, I am pleased to announce that Lars has agreed to join me as co-chair of GAC so that we will continue to benefit from his skills and experience,” he said.
GAC has operations on every continent and employs more than 9,000 people worldwide. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Interface showcases new collection
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production