Sabic eyes US investments on back of shale gas boom
Jubail, November 12, 2012
Saudi Basic Industries Corp (Sabic) is considering investments in the US to capitalise on the shale gas boom there, its chief executive officer told Reuters on Monday.
"We have to participate in the shale gas business and we have to participate in other sources that can be also competitive," Mohamed al-Mady said.
When asked how Sabic would participate, he said: "We can look for investment, we can look for joint ventures."
Mady also said Sabic sees a slowdown in the growth of petrochemicals in the short term in its home market and must look overseas for growth.
Saudi Aramco, the world's largest oil exporter, is now focusing on boosting gas production to help meet rapidly rising Saudi fuel demand. – Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production