Sabic eyes US investments on back of shale gas boom
Jubail, November 12, 2012
Saudi Basic Industries Corp (Sabic) is considering investments in the US to capitalise on the shale gas boom there, its chief executive officer told Reuters on Monday.
"We have to participate in the shale gas business and we have to participate in other sources that can be also competitive," Mohamed al-Mady said.
When asked how Sabic would participate, he said: "We can look for investment, we can look for joint ventures."
Mady also said Sabic sees a slowdown in the growth of petrochemicals in the short term in its home market and must look overseas for growth.
Saudi Aramco, the world's largest oil exporter, is now focusing on boosting gas production to help meet rapidly rising Saudi fuel demand. – Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair