DMC opens maritime business centre
Dubai, November 3, 2012
Dubai Maritime City (DMC) has opened a high-end multi-purpose maritime business centre which will host its sales and marketing unit apart from the governmental and international maritime agencies and all other important customer services activities.
The maritime business centre located within the DMC was opened today by Lieutenant-General Saif Abdullah Al Shafar, the undersecretary, Ministry of the Interior, UAE.
The centre will form the nucleus of DMC, which is evolving rapidly into a hub of maritime commerce, business and trade with a series of leading regional and international companies setting shop within the district, recently, remarked Khamis Juma Buamim, the chairman of Drydocks World and Maritime World.
“All components have fallen into place as envisaged within our long term strategy for DMC, which is to develop the mixed-use maritime hub as a key contributor to the country’s economy as a driving force behind the growth and progress of maritime and relevant business in the region," he noted.
"The opening of the Maritime Business Centre will greatly facilitate the growth of the City," he added.
The top-notch centre comprises ten floors, including three floors of dedicated parking and seven floors of over 80,000 sq ft of office space. The centre also offers an expansive sea view, in addition to a panoramic view of Dubai and has several amenities.
The structure is built to Green Building concept and techniques and has open plan offices, said the official. The Maritime Business Centre will host 63 top maritime companies and representatives offices within its premises, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Amphibious boat debuts in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event