Michael C Hughes
Globe Express names president and CEO
Dubai, October 31, 2012
Globe Express Services (Overseas Group), one of the world’s top 100 global logistics providers, has appointed Michael C Hughes as president, chief executive officer, and a member of the Board of Directors, effective December 1.
Current CEO Ziad Korban will remain an active Board Member and owner, a company statement said.
Upon joining GES, Hughes will work closely with the Board and his leadership team to conduct a strategic review process and identify the best approaches for growth.
His primary focus will be to optimize the company’s core business with a goal of transforming GES into a global logistics leader with a winning corporate culture. GES will consider a wide range of strategic options to best facilitate this transformation.
"Michael brings a wealth of experience gained over 35 years of working with growth-oriented companies,” said Bahaa Al Hariri, chairman of Globe Express Services, “enabling those companies to achieve a higher level of performance through acquisition and integration, IT enabled transformation, risk management and good governance, and greater efficiencies in their global processes.”
“He is uniquely qualified to lead the next stage of growth for our company, and we feel fortunate to add someone of Mike's caliber to our organization. We wish him all the best in his new role.”
"As I begin my first 100 days,” Hughes said, “I will focus on learning the strengths of GES, its business model, meeting our people, listening to the voices of our key customers, assessing our capabilities and understanding our best opportunities to excel in customer service.”
“With these things in mind and with the input of our entire leadership team, we will start to formulate a target operating model and a new path for growth for our company. Great people, great technology, a winning culture and a reward system aligned to shareholder value and our customers’ needs are foundational to achieving our aspirations.
“I look forward to growing GES, both organically and through acquisitions, into a Top 30 global logistics leader, building a One Company-One Team winning culture, and making GES a great place to work,” he added.
Hughes most recently served as national leader for the Food, Drink and Consumer Goods sector at KPMG, where he was responsible for managing the firm's most important global clients in that sector.
In addition, he was the global lead partner for Kraft Foods and Johnson Controls, overseeing global Audit, Tax and Management Consulting services.
Hughes holds a BS degree from The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey and an MBA from Emory University in Atlanta. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event