Asry wins top safety award
Manama, October 24, 2012
Bahrain-based Arabian Ship Repair Yard (Asry) has won the safety award at the recent Lloyds List Middle East and Indian Subcontinent (MEIS) Awards, a major honour in the region's shipping industry.
Asry, whose recent safety credentials and innovations such as the ship repair safety passport were factors in its victory, was also nominated in the categories of 'Shipyard of the Year', 'Innovation' and 'Corporate Social Responsibility'.
Asry chairman Shaikh Daij bin Salman Al Khalifa received the award at a gala dinner held in the UAE. The Lloyds List MEIS Awards are presented to the best performers from the region in the key areas of shipping, port operations, as well as shipping service.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad
- Qatar non-hydrocarbon economy on the rise
- ADPC to take over UAE port operations
- Carlyle readies $3bn sale of chemical firm
- Firm plans to bring super jumbo jet to Bahrain
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014