Asry wins top safety award
Manama, October 24, 2012
Bahrain-based Arabian Ship Repair Yard (Asry) has won the safety award at the recent Lloyds List Middle East and Indian Subcontinent (MEIS) Awards, a major honour in the region's shipping industry.
Asry, whose recent safety credentials and innovations such as the ship repair safety passport were factors in its victory, was also nominated in the categories of 'Shipyard of the Year', 'Innovation' and 'Corporate Social Responsibility'.
Asry chairman Shaikh Daij bin Salman Al Khalifa received the award at a gala dinner held in the UAE. The Lloyds List MEIS Awards are presented to the best performers from the region in the key areas of shipping, port operations, as well as shipping service.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- DP World extends maturity date on $1bn loan
- HK apparel group inks tenancy deal with BIO
- DHL wins ‘best employer' award
- Drydocks to host top shipping forum in Dubai
- DHL holds family fun day
- DMCA begins issuing marine driver’s licence
- RSA-Talke to set up storage facility in Dubai
- Sipchem unit secures loan for new project
- Alba names power station director
- Bahrain to set up new building materials firm