Barloworld Logistics eyes key acquisitions
Dubai, October 23, 2012
Barloworld Logistics, a leading provider of logistics and supply chain management solutions, is considering several small acquisitions to further strengthen its expertise and provide clients with smart supply chain solutions, said a top official.
The GCC region will remain central to the company's growth initiatives, particularly the UAE’s logistics market, remarked Frank Courtney, Barloworld Logistics chief executive for EMEA region
"The rapid market growth and large-scale investments in the UAE’s logistics sector as well as in other GCC states underline the important role of this key industry in realizing the economic diversification program being adopted by different countries in the region," he noted.
The UAE logistics market is expected to sustain a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8 per cent which will hit $10.06 billion by 2015 from $6.35 billion in 2009, revealed Courtney, citing a Frost & Sullivan report.
Courtney pointed out that supply chain management played a crucial role in the sustained economic growth of the UAE, as an increasing number of investors are taking advantage of the country’s advanced logistics infrastructure and strategic location.
"Key international players are therefore keenly monitoring the UAE’s capability to handle future demand and ultimately ensure the safe and efficient flow of goods in and out of the country. We are also witnessing similar developments happening in other GCC countries, which are likewise taking advantage of the region’s strategic location to serve as a major logistics hub," said the expert.
Courtney said Barloworld was strongly positioned to support the continuing drive to bolster the status of the UAE and the rest of the GCC to serve key players in the global logistics industry, capitalizing on its experience and expanding international presence in Africa, Europe, the Middle East, Southeast Asia and the Far East.
“The supply chain and logistics sector now accounts for a significant percentage of the UAE’s GDP, which is a strong indication of the possibilities and long-term growth opportunities emerging in this sector," he added.
Barloworld Logistics currently offers the full breadth of logistics services and specialized competencies, delivering strategic support to clients in the UAE and across the GCC.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event